| || || |
|DoW Kingdom - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|DoW Kingdom - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|DoW Kingdom - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Etherdragn -- Designer/Mapper/Custom Models and Texturing.
Prepare for a custom Single Player Campaign to wage for Dawn Of War: Dark Crusade!
A year in the making, I'm proud to present to you the Kingdom map pack and Metamap Campaign for Dark Crusade. This is not just a bunch of maps, but a world for you to explore while fighting a war that will challenge your skills. The Kingdom metamap is one gigantic map, which all fit together into twenty five maps you must win to beat DOW Kingdom.
A Personal Thanks
I would like to personally thank all who helped with this project and its resources:
Special thanks to Fneep (Fneep fixed the max import script so the metamap could be modded.) for help with the metamap model files.
Big thanks to Thudmeizer and ArkhanTheBlack, for permission to use their creations in this mod.
CutterShane (Creator of the original Tactical Abilities and Heroes scar.)
Phelan76 contributed the Inquisition Daemonhunters support in Tactics DC.
Thanks to the entire DOWAI team, without which DOW Kingdom would probably not exist.
Thudmeizer, ArkhanTheBlack, LarkinVB, Excedrin, and Corsix, as well as our beta testers, Malkor, Zenoth, ThetaOrion, FinalDeath, Troubadour, Slash, JBird, QuietDeath.
Alex Gnome (Original idea and implementation of the Camera mod)
Cucc (Creator of RGDEdit) I used RGDEdit extensively for this mod and it would not be done (yet) without it.
Corsix (Creator of Corsix Mod Studio) I used ModStudio in production of this mod.
All the others on Adeptu Modificus Relic Forums who have sought questions or shared answers. You keep the DOW Mod scene alive!
Last but not least Relic entertainment - for making such a brilliant game.
Whats In The Package?
- DOW Kingdom Mod and map files.
- DOW Kingdom Readme
- Dawn of Skirmish Enhanced DoW AI scripts
1.0.1 Changes log
-Map info and icon map pixes on several maps
-Impass map fix on Ministry of War map
-Installer fixed for compatibility.
Run the executable and it will extract to where your <installed Dawn Of War folder> is.
Once installed, run the newly placed shortcut on your desktop "DOW Kingdom 1.0" or from StartMenu/Programs/"DOW Kingdom". You will know if the modification is running when on the top-left section of the Dawn Of War Main Menu it will display: DowKingdom 1.0
To uninstall this modification, go back to StartMenu/Programs/"DOW Kingdom" and choose "Uninstall DOW Kingdom" to remove the modification from Dawn Of War.
- Dawn of War Dark Crusade v1.2.0
- Dawn OF Skirmish AI - DOW Kingdom requires that you have the DOWAI mod installed. Version 2.4 DawnOfSkirmish is included in the zip for those who don't have it.
- A customized Metamap and single player campaign. Despite many technical limitations of the Dark Crusade Metamap, I've done my best to deliver a new metamap that will be as immersive as possible.
- Twenty five regular sized skirmish maps. DOW Kingdom includes Skirmish versions of all twenty five Campaign maps.
- Six extra large 1024 maps. These maps let you play the Kingdom scenario on a grand scale. Play across multiple maps from the campaign in an eight player war.
- Mappers Resource Dow kingdom comes with 72 textures and 230 models that mappers may freely use for future Dark Crusade maps.
- The DOW Kingdom Campaign uses Heroes and Dawn of Skirmish AI scripts. The maps in the Kingdom Campaign are skirmishes. You will face more enemies than in DC but you will have a larger Honor Guard to send to battle instantly!
- Includes Tactics DC. Based on the Tactical Abilities Mod, this gives your troops the power to trigger their own abilities. It also grants a very slight increase to weapon ranges, build speed and capture rates. In skirmish games Tactics DC will appear as an optional win
The scripts of Tactics Dc are completely customizable. If you prefer to turn off or turn up any of the features you can go to the folder
Dawn of War - Dark Crusade\dowkingdom\Data\scar\winconditions
and edit the Tacs.SCAR file with a notepad program.
The section at the top called -Customizable Options- that you can turn to false to disable a feature, or adjust the properties of the scripts.
DOW Kingdom's Campaign can be deceptively easy at first. However this will change within a few rounds of play. You'll need to apply strategies that weren't needed in the Kronus campaign to conquor DOW Kingdom.
Build up your honor guard. You get a bigger honor guard because you will need it to survive. The prices are the same so you must budget your wealth. Pause a turn or two if your forces are depleted.
Beware the invading forces! The armies that move across the Astor cityscape can come into a small map with crushing strength. Defending a map against a strong army is a difficult task. You have more of an advantage attacking with a strong honorguard and claiming territories.
Build up your base! If you get caught away from a map and a large army rolls in your only chance for keeping that is to have the map well tacked down with multiple HQs and defenses. If you defend a base successfully, try to build up defenses for the next attack, before you finish the enemy.
Attack aggressively. Once you have a decent Honor Guard don't hesitate once you attack a map. Immediately set out and try to smash one of the opponent bases right away. When facing many AI enemies it's important to take out the number of opponents fast or you'll get sacked.
Journey to the wizards tower: http://www.pewterwizard.com/DOWKINGDOM
You can also drop by the official Relicforums here: http://forums.relicnews.com/
Have fun and fight hard!
This is to acknowledge that I take no personal responsibility for any hardware damage or data corruption brought forth by the use or installation of this DoW modification. As used, this modification works "as is" and has been thoroughly tested and should not cause any major problems. In the event, however, that something serious does occur, it is up to the user(s) of their computer(s) to make appropriate backups before any attempt is made to install the following DoW modification. Use at your own risk.
|DoW Kingdom - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Dawn of War Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 97 | Last comment: 12-06-2009 at 07:19
Click the symbol to expand all comments (view full comments)
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!