|Total War2 (2.1) - File Description
| Description: |
Thank you for downloading this small mod. This mod triples the amount of vehicles and infantry you can build, and to build more super units.
The Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines's cap research, and Eldar webway gates and ork Waagh! banners has been modified to accomodate the changes to the unit cap.
Scroll down to read the updates in this release.
Although this version of this release doesn't have any races attached, the Imperial Guard thanks to the Cadian Inquisition mod, are added to the CI+AC version. Read the Comment Questions section for details. If you were looking for the Total War: Armageddon version, please check the website for
details, as you downloaded the wrong version.
- The Legacy
NOTICE: THIS v2.1 STANDALONE REQUIRES A TOTAL UNINSTALL OF THE TOTAL WAR MOD.
This is a release based on a new patch, and because of this you will need to reinstall the mod.
Use the uninstaller from the previous version before installing.
MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE RUNNING v1.40 DAWN OF WAR BEFORE RUNNING! THIS MOD WILL NOT WORK WITH EARLIER VERSIONS!
Extract the contents inside the zip file, into your Dawn of War main folder, and run the game using either the included shortcut or the ingame interface.
When you are ready to uninstall this mini-mod, simply run the uninstall program listed under the Start menu.
Patch v2.1 Information:
- Special Total War AI has been temporarily removed from the v1.4 Dawn of War patch. Expect the games to be easier until they have been returned.
Patch v2.0 Information:
- All races have been updated to version v1.30 patch standards.
- You can now build three Bloodthirsters (though require to be dropped, similar to Terminators). (Thanks to the Hardcore War mod for this code bit)
- Total War logo added to menu screens and screenshots.
- Loading screen background has been changed.
- Computer AI has been upgraded to 'Total War' standards.
Patch v1.20a Information:
- Space Marine cap data has been repaired (Special thanks to Ken Wong for letting me know, and so quickly!).
- Imperial Guardsmen has been removed from the barracks. (Thanks again...)
Patch v1.20 Information:
- Number specific units have been fully fixed.
- The Imperial Guard has been removed (read below for more information).
- Redone the readme and install package for ease of use.
- Game balance has been fixed.
Patch v1.16b Information:
- The game no longer crashes on loading. (Special thanks to Giskard!)
- Number specific units have been partially fixed (I think)
- The Imperial Guard listening post and Barracks can now temporarely make power.
- Starting armies have been abolished, except for one commander unit and builder units.
Patch v1.15b Information:
- The Eldar and Orcs now can build less webway gates/waaaagh banners to reach their cap limits.
- Number specific units (eg. Squiggoth, Avatar, Force Commander, etc) now can be built three fold
(eg 3 Squiggoths, 12 Apothecarys, 3 Force Commanders etc.)
- The IG Lemun Russ now has the equivelent hitpoints and costs of its orkish cousin.
Patch v1.1 Information:
- Mod now starts with a shortcut, which keeps your original install intact.
- The Imperial Guard now has a starting base, with a limited tech tree.
- The Colonel and infantry have their buildtimes and costs updated.
- Imperial Guard units now have a cap value.
- Imperial Guardsman units can now capture strategic points.
- Army Painter now includes all single player and standard units, as well as their respective barracks structure.
- The Imperial Guard has some new structures, as well as its own Rhino transport and servitor.
- The Imperial Guard can upgrade their missile turrets to lascannon turrets.
- Most Army Painter preview units aren't animated; some are zoomed too close or too far.
- Some unit previews have multiple hands on one arm holding gun and close-combat weapon and a banner.
(Unknown how to fix at this time)
Thanks to Hamish for the heads up for some of these issues. Some of these glitches I do not know how
to fix, so please let me know how to fix them!
Q: Why does your mod crash when the mod loads up?
A: This is because either the mod or the game are the wrong versions. Your best bet is to install all the patches for Dawn of War, and get the latest version of the mod. This is a known Dawn of War glitch.
Q: Why did you remove the Imperial Guard?
A: Simply put, with the official expansion (which will include the Imperial Guard), and at least two other Imperial Guard mods, there is absolutely no reason why I should compete against them. However, I plan to integrate the expansion into the mod at a later date, as soon as it is released, so don't give up on Total War yet! As well, the Cadian Inquision and Armoured Company have signed on, so the Total War: Armageddon mod will be arriving soon with them combined with Total War...
Q: Isn't the game unbalanced with three Orbital Bombardments, 3 Squiggoths...?
A: You have to think about the whole picture. You may get three super units instead of one, but you also get three times the army to go with it. So if you play the mod like you controlling three armies at the same time, there shouldn't be an issue. However, if you focus too much on one aspect, then just like the regular game of Dawn of War, you will probably fail. Think of this mod like 'Team Melee' for Starcraft.
Q: Why isn't the cap higher than 60? There's another mod with 1000 cap...
A: I made it this way for a few reasons. First off, if it gets over 60, the game becomes so archaic that the game loses meaning (like Total Annihilation once you get 500 units for example). Secondly, without the need to upgrade or build cap, a major strategic part of what makes Dawn of War so great is gone. Thirdly, Over 60 cap would kill even the most powerful computer when there are more than two armies. Considering that a 1v1 maxed out while playing on a 1300mhz PC causes some very serious lag, this should be a godsend anyway, because without a limit, it's simply whoever can build the fastest wins, and in that kind of battle, the Orks would most definitely win due to their speed. See my point?
Q: Why did you finally plan to re-add the Imperial Guard to your mod? Why the Cadian Inquisition mod?
A: First of all, I added the Cadian Inquisition mod because it was the most complete of the IG mods, and because not everyone will be able to buy or afford Winter Assault, there has to be a 'second best'. Secondly, I re-added the Imperial Guard because the IG is most definitely the big reason why people liked this mod in the first place.
Q: Who created the Cadian Inquisition mod?
3d Artist/ 3d Animator/ Voice Actor
Tester / Concept Artist
And they have a website here: http://cadinq.dowfiles.com/. PLEASE give all Imperial Guard related compliments and complaints to them instead, as I for the most part had nothing to do with the mod!
Q: Are there any chances of having the _______ race added to your mod?
A: Very likely, but only if either I'm approached or I find it on the web sometime in the next millenia. So don't hesitate to let me know if a good race is shaping up! I'd love to have Tyranids on this mod personally....
I am not responsible for any damages your computer may suffer from installing this mod.
On that note, text files and images aren't likely to do any damage...
- No unit stats (except for build limits) have been changed. The exception is the Lemun Russ.
- This mod can be easily deleted by deleting the files that this mod installed.
- 4x Servitor
- 1x Force Commander
Chaos Space Marines:
- 4x Slave
- 1x Chaos Lord
- 3x Grot
- 1x Big Mek
- 4x Bonesinger
- 1x Farseer
To contact me, please e-mail me at email@example.com. Please do not spam, and I would like to hear any comments, glitch reports, or balancing issues you may have.
I also have forums, which would be much more preferable, at:
|Total War2 (2.1) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
|Total War2 (2.1) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Dawn of War Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 13 | Last comment: 10-16-2006 at 00:36
Joined: December 23rd, 2004
|woohoo! you're back! i was so disappointed when total war did not work for v1.4 and i have to make do with the regular 20/20 armies! 3 baneblades baby! time for some major pain to be inflicted! |
From: (belper derbyshire)
Joined: September 20th, 2005
|i agree with kwok it totally rocks but one problem there is so much lag online!! |
but still this mod rocks for 1 player games
Joined: December 23rd, 2004
|ummm...........hate to bring a downer now on everything but when i start up a game it says that there is a fatal AI error! HELP! |
Joined: November 16th, 2003
|Hey there. |
Just make sure you uninstall v2.0 (or whatever version) first before installing v2.1.
And for those who find it laggy online, the best way to play is 1v1. This is also why the cap is 60, not 1000.
Joined: May 3rd, 2005
|i'm confused... so does this work with WA or does armegeddon work for WA? |
Joined: May 3rd, 2005
|or what version/mod Does work for WA lol? I read the whole readme but maybe the wording confused me, anyway im not sure, some1 needs to help me |
btw sry for the double post, i just didn't want to look like an idiot like i do anyway
Joined: May 5th, 2005
|Ha Ha everyone gets lagg but i don't becuase i have a bloody fast PC ha ha!!! shove it up your*****! btw way great mod ive been playing the hardcore war mod all the time becuse ..... i don't get lagg ha ha ha ha |
Joined: January 12th, 2005
|It wont work for Winter assault. And only works with 1.3 according to the text |
Joined: March 28th, 2005
|all it says is that the thingies hav been upgraded to patch 1.3 standards, however it will only work with patch 1.4 as it says |
Joined: February 22nd, 2005
|are there any plans to put this on WA coz it is a wicked sick mod and i would very much like it in winter assault so could there be a bit of info plz but i love this mod and refuse to play any other version now |
Joined: September 28th, 2005
|dude maybe good IDea to add the tau extension mod to it but more importantly: |
MAKE IT WA COMPATIBLE PLZ
rock on anyhow!!!
From: (Anytown Amerika)
Joined: September 2nd, 2006
|cant get obliterators out of sacrificing cercal, glitch |
Joined: November 16th, 2003
|Hey all. |
First of all, I'm going to say this: Total War: Dark Crusade should be coming out within a month (or two, depending on how difficult it is to set up and rebalance). Secondly, I will coincide it with updates for both previous mods.
P.S. For those with AI errors, delete the mod's AI folder. Should fix the problem.
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!