Daemon Hunter Mod - Mod News Posted by: TheDoc on 10-29-2004 @ 22:49
This News Item has been viewed 1,856 times
Another mod taking more of the fluff/ TT world into DoW:
some first words:
"fearless" - some of the daemonhunters are fearless.. so should they really fearless ingame or only have a high moral? real fearless is a real big advantage.. but this units also cost many/are small troops.. so I personal think they should be really fearless..
"daemonhosts" - I don't know if its really possible to implent daemonhosts.. of course theyre interesting units, but you have to think about: when they are in a daemonhunters-army no grey knigts would be in this army too.. so break the fluff and let both (daemonhosts + grey knights) in the same army? if you go with the fluff no grey knights would be allowed when you build a daemonhost.. no! single grey knight.. no grey knigts, no gk-termis, no grandmaster, no cybots, no land raiders! hrm.. I really don't know but maybe it would get to difficult or maybe impossible to balance the daemonhosts right.. to replace all possible grey knights in that army
"orbital strike" - ok.. dh have no own artillery.. so maybe its possible to implent some orbital strikes..?
they should work like.. hrm.. like normal units with deep strike-ability.. I mean: orbital-strike could be bought like normal units.. and can "sent" to a place which is "highlighted" by some special units which carries a "targeter" (its an upgrade for some units, for example the inquisitor, stormtrooper-veteran).. so orbital-strikes can only go down in an sight-area of some special units..
there could be different orbital-strikes.. maybe 2 or 3.. the first is a weak but accurate one.. late you can research two others which are more powerful but also more inexact
"buildings and transports" - so what are the best buildings for daemonhunters? and how they (and some other units) get on the planet? maybe a shuttle? okay.. grey knight-infantery could have their teleportation..
Standart (tier 0)
#thermo plasma generator
- miscellaneous troop-upgrades
- like the SM-HQ
- upgradable to tier 1
- upgrades for higher infantery/vehicles-limits, infiltration
- units buildable:
- like the SM-servitor
=> inquisitorial stormtroopers
it would be difficult to balance them right.. they shouldn't be too strong to overrun the enemy early in the game.. but on the other hand they should bridge until the grey knights get available and they should be the "mass-unit" of the daemonhunters..
- cost 1-2 points
- 3 man standart, 5 maximum
- good armor, like SM-scouts
- hellguns (medium firepower and closecombat)
- max. 3 (4?) upgrades vor: flamer, plasmagun, granade launcher
- with tier 1:
*upgrade for 1 veteran (better at cc, equipped with cc-weapon, hellpistol, later this "targeter" for orbial-strikes)
*upgrade for up to 10(?) stormtroopers in one unit?
- upgrade for krak granades for the stormtroopers
- units buildable:
=> death-cult assassins
- cost 1 point
- 1 assa standart, 3 maximum
- can take a good amount of damage
- no firepower
- but very good fighter
=> 1. character..
so here I have 2 suggestion: either 1 inquisitor-lord with a big retinue.. or up to 3 (weaker) inquisitors with a smaller retinue
- the inquisitor-lord should be weaker than the sm-forcecommander.. but carries the daemonhammer
- or each of the inquisitor should be even weaker then the inquisior-lord.. maybe they carries only an powerweapon first.. and the could upgrade this with the daemon (or thunder-)hammer later
- otherwise the carry a boltpistol (upgradable to plasmapistol)
- maybe equipped with a psy-power (more powers upgradable later)
- upgrade for that orbial-strike-targeter
- the retinue:
inquisitors or the inquisior-lord have some "special upgrades" -> their retinue
so they could upgrade themself with different henchmen.. which power-up the inquisitor(-lord) or are equipped with better weapons (veteran, servitors) to increase the firepower/cc of the complete troop
so for example there could 4 henchmen which increase the power of the inqisitor(-lord) and 4 of the following fighters:
- veteran.. armed with cc-weapon/pistol.. good at cc
- servitor with heavybolter
at tier 1:
- cc-servitor with powerfist.. better at cc
- servitor with rocket-launcher.. (instead of the multimelter).. better against vehicles
I had this idea with 3 inquisitors cause daemonhunters have only a few antivehicles-weapons.. so you could balance this with 3 inquisitors.. each with up to 2-3 rocketlauncher-servitors
- units buildable:
- like the SM-rhino
- better armored than the rhino
- armed with: heavy-bolter in the turret
turret: up to heavy-flamer or an multilaser (which is even good against light-armored vehicles)
hull: heavy-bolter or heavy-flamer
- like the SM-dreadnought, but a little more effective in cc
- 2 cc-arms, one equipped with an heavy-flamer
- 1 arm upgradable to a psycannon (= a little stronger then the assaultcannan) or with tier 2 to a twin-linked lascannon
- maybe some other little upgrades which powers up the dreadnought a little? f.e.: heavy-flamer to incinerator, sacred hull, etc
- like the SM-dreadnought
- instead of the assault-cannon -> psycannon?, with tier 2 upgradable to a twin-linked lascannon
#orbital relay - tier 1
- like the SM-orbital relay
- with tier 2 upgradable to orbital relay - tier 2
- units buildable:
=> grey gnights troop
- cost 3 points
- 4 man standart, circa 7 maximum
- heavy infantery.. can take damage like normal sm
- slightly better firepower than sm, very good fighters (partly even against light-armored vehicles
- shrouding (= some kind of permanent cover.. but only against enemy shooting.. if possible)
- upgrades: circa 3 psycannon or incinerator.. but this greyknights will lose the their good cc-ability)
- upgrade: justicar: stronger at cc cause of his nemesis-powerweapon
in the machine-cult:
=> landraider (like SM-landraider)
=> landraider crusader(?)
- good against light-armored enemy-masses
- but the multimelter? hrm.. either bring the mm into the game or replace the mm with a rocket launcher or lascannon?
in the "barracks":
=> officio assassinorum operative
- some kind of 2. character
- cost maybe 1-2 points
- independent (can't join other units)
- good defense/evade
- only 1 assassin allowed since defeating this assassin
- strong sniper-rifle, but weak in cc
- some kind of shrouding (= permanent cover.. increased when in normal country-cover)
- maybe infiltration?
- has some special shots.. can be activated (like psy-powers).. special shots are even better against vehicles, or character, or ...
- some kind of aura which descrease instantly the moral of troops in the near
- normal cc/firepower
- maybe some other auras as specials.. f.e. an aura which hit enemies in the near?
- has some kind of heavy-flamer
- very good at cc
- (short) teleportation as special?
- weak firepower
- but excellent fighter, even against light vehicles
- explode if killed
- special: combat drugs increase his speed/damage in cc?
#orbial relay - tier 2
= the upgrade of the orbital relay - tier 1
new units in the orbital relay - tier 2:
=> grey knight terminators
- cost 5 points
- 3 man standart, circa 5 maximum
- super heavy infantery
- excellent fighters (even against light vehicles)
- upgrades: 2 psycannons, incinerator.. gk-termis wont lose their excellent cc-abilities
- upgrade: brother captain: stronger in cc.. can get holocaust (upgrade), its some kind of shockwave around the brother captain, like the one attack of the sm-librarian
=> grey knight grandmaster
- 2. (3.) character
- super heavy infantery.. clear better than the forcecommander
- nemisis-force-"force"-weapon and maybe some extra cc-powerweapon
- so no firepower, but phenomenal fighter
- holocaust-upgrade (and maybe some other psy-power?)
- can join "only" a grey knight termi - unit?
ps: I have only take the names from the similar SM-buildings.. but I think the DH could have there own style.. so f.e. barracks for the SM = some kind of temple for the DH..
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Dawn of War Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 1 | Last comment: 10-30-2004 at 14:04
#1 - 10-30-2004 at 14:04
seb_visona1987 From: (Brisbane, Queensland) Joined: October 25th, 2004 Posts: 1
this sounds bloody awesome keep going, i want that Mod!
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time. Now enjoy yourself and behave!